Thursday, November 9, 2017

Come Away with Me by Kristen Proby | Book Review


Reading Group: M for Mature 

Personal Rating:  3 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis: Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul. Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his. Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding?

Cover: The cover of this book is actually a lot more sexual than I originally thought because I had it on my phone so it was a lot smaller.  Anyway, it depicts Natalie and Luke with Seattle underneath their image.

My Review: This was another free iBook that I downloaded in order to be able to read before bed without having to keep a light on since I have a college roommate who probably wouldn't appreciate me reading until 1am.  When I first started reading it I really enjoyed it.  I liked that the characters didn't dwell on their arguments and were able to reconcile quickly.  However, after the incident in Tahiti when the resort employee tried to attack Natalie (which I think would have been a little more suspenseful if Luke wasn't one room over) the story just kind of flatlined.  Not that there was anything wrong with the two of them being happy, but as I was reading I kept thinking that something had to be coming and the deeper into the story I got the more I realized that a bunch of stuff was about to happen at once.  And it did.  The two of them get engaged after only knowing each other for two months, which I know everyone probably has an opinion on, but that didn't bother me too much, but then Luke is scene with his ex-girlfriend, Natalie finds out she's pregnant, and Luke gets in a car crash.  All within like 20 pages.  For me, it wasn't even that all these things happened it was just that they all happened so close together that i felt like the author was overcorrecting for all the happy times the couple had.  I wish Luke was caught with his ex-girlfriend before he and Natalie got engaged because why would he propose and then immediately start an affair with his ex?  I think if these events were more spread out the book would have been more interesting to read.  


Click to stay connected:
Main Twitter: @juliann_guerra
Second Twitter: @writerjewels
Instagram: juliann_guerra
Second Instagram: writerjewels
Tumblr: juliann-guerra
Goodreads: Juliann Guerra
Wattpad: @writerjewels
Pinterest: Juliann Guerra
Spotify: juliann.guerra
Bloglovin: Juliann Guerra
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Juliann Guerra
Blogger Templates by pipdig