Tuesday, October 24, 2017

A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart | Book review

Reading Group: 17 years old+  

Personal Rating:  5 out of 5 Stars

Synopsis: Sometimes your life is split by a single decision. I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them. But now he’s back. I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid. Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance. One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him. *A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*

Cover: This cover seems to have Wade and Elliot on it, and I like it because the action of leaning their foreheads together like that was mentioned more than once in the book.

My Review:  A couple days ago I really wanted to read, I but wasn't in the mood to read any of the four books I have sitting on my desk and I did not think there would be a review this week, so I decided to look through the free books on iTunes.  eBooks are not my favorite, but they are the easiest to read at night because you don't need to keep a light on, which I'm sure my roommate is grateful for.  That's how I found this book, and I really enjoyed it.  I absolutely hated Elliot's family, which I'm sure I was supposed to, and I hope none of you liked them.  But they kind of made me dislike her for a while because she never stood up for herself and people even asked her why she let them treat her that way.  At the same time I kind of understood her side, but it still frustrated me.  Until the end of course when she finally says "Forget you people" and breaks away from them the way she should have done when she was seventeen.  It's a little depressing that when you get older, the main things that get people together are weddings and funerals.  In this case, it was that Rick had a stroke and was dying of cancer.  So Elliot has to deal with her annoying family and the death of her mentor and real father figure, who also happens to be the father of the man she loves and hasn't seen since they broke up seven years ago.  There are so many emotions flowing through this book, and as the reader, you have to ride along with it, but with added frustration, because you get both Elliot and Wade's point of view, making you want to shake the both of them on more than one occasion.  Thank god this book ended happily because I've downloaded a free book before where I liked it all the way through until the end was not what I wanted and ruined the whole thing for me.  But Elliot and Wade figure it out, and although it took such a sad circumstance to get them back into each other lives, they were able to stay together from then on. 


Click to stay connected:
Main Twitter: @juliann_guerra
Second Twitter: @writerjewels
Instagram: juliann_guerra
Second Instagram: writerjewels
Tumblr: juliann-guerra
Goodreads: Juliann Guerra
Wattpad: @writerjewels
Pinterest: Juliann Guerra
Spotify: juliann.guerra
Bloglovin: Juliann Guerra
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Juliann Guerra
Blogger Templates by pipdig